Sheng Ji, DDS, MD, Inc.
May 20, 2020
Dear Patients and Families,
We are open for elective non-urgent surgeries such as wisdom tooth removal and implants!
Our primary goal is to deliver your dental care in the safest environment. We have made modifications to our already exceptional infection control practices to minimize exposure risk to all patients and team members. The changes include:
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) by doctors and surgical assistants including N95 mask, surgical mask, gloves, surgical cap, full-face shield, and gown when treating ALL PATIENTS
- Strict surface disinfection (countertops, chairs, floors, lights, doorknobs, computer keyboard and mouse, blood pressure cuff/pulse oximetry, etc.) after all patient encounters
- UV-C disinfection of operatories after each procedure
- Requiring patients to wash hands upon entry and do an oral rinse with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide prior to treatment
These efforts are in accordance with, and exceed, American Dental Association (ADA), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidance and recommendations.
Patient Health Screening
- Telephone screening for potential COVID-19 exposures and symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath as well as travel history
- Measurement of patient’s temperature upon arrival
Employee Health Screening
- Measurement of all employee’s temperatures daily
- Team members wear masks, at all times
- Maintaining social distancing practices at home and in the office
New Office Policy and Standards
- Telephone “check-in” available and requesting escorts to wait in the car during treatment
- Staggering patient appointments to minimize contact among patients
- Utilizing teledentistry for post-op/follow-up and consultations when applicable
- Removal of extraneous materials (pamphlets, magazines, etc.) from reception/operatory spaces to allow for more effective disinfection
While many things have changed, our commitment to your safety has not. We are fully prepared to care for our patients in the safest environment. We look forward to providing exceptional dental care to you and our community. Please call our office at (916) 961-1902 with any questions.
Dr. Sheng Ji and Team