Emergency Dentist — Carmichael, CA
Fast, Compassionate Treatment When You Need It Most
A dental emergency can spring up on anyone at any time. When that happens, call our team right away. Dr. Ji is a highly trained oral surgeon in Carmichael, and he is ready to help you, whether you suffered some facial trauma or are coping with a severe toothache. Plus, he is able to provide all levels of sedation so your treatment will be as comfortable as possible. We aim to get you out of pain ASAP!
Why Choose Sheng Ji, DDS, MD Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery for Emergency Dental Care?
- #1 Same-Day Emergency Appointments Available
- #2 Highly Trained Oral Surgeon
- #3 All Levels of Dental Sedation Available
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
- Step 1: Call us right away. Whether you’ve cracked a tooth or woke up with a searing toothache, give us a call as soon as you can. We’ll do our best to schedule you for a same-day emergency appointment and walk you through how to handle your emergency until you arrive.
- Step 2: See Dr. Sheng Ji for an exam. When you reach our office, your Carmichael emergency dentist Dr. Sheng Ji will see you right away. He’ll provide any necessary pain relief, explain your treatment options, and work with you to make a plan for getting your oral health back on track.
- Step 3: Get the fast, professional care you need. Once you’ve agreed to a treatment plan, our experienced team will get to work right away to protect your teeth and alleviate your pain. We offer a wide variety of dental services in-house, including multiple types of dental sedation, and will aim to restoring your happy, healthy smile as quickly as possible.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
Whether your dental emergency is the result of sudden trauma or a long-standing dental health issue, it is important that you take action to address it as soon as you can. Regardless of what type of situation you’re facing, we encourage you to call us as soon as you can. We are often able to see emergency patients for same-day emergency appointments! Before you reach us for your appointment, you may be able to perform some basic first aid to manage your pain and lessen the damage to your mouth.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
The cost of treating your dental emergency will depend on the extent of the damage to your teeth and the type of sedation you choose. When you visit us, we’ll provide you with a straightforward estimate for the price of your procedure. We’ll also help you explore payment options, including both insurance and financing. Don’t let concerns about money hold you back from getting the treatment you need; delays will only make the problem worse (and more expensive)!
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
To reduce your chances of needing emergency dentistry in Carmichael, you should:
- Stick to a thorough daily oral hygiene routine that includes regular brushing and flossing
- Limit your consumption of sugary, acidic foods and beverages
- Visit your general dentist for biannual cleanings and exams
- Seek help as soon as you notice the first twinge dental pain — don’t wait until the problem becomes severe!
- Wear a custom mouthguard when you play sports
- Always be aware of your surroundings and remain alert to potential safety hazards
Dental Emergency FAQ’s
Having as much information as possible about dental emergencies will make it easier to protect your smile and stay comfortable should you find yourself needing urgent care. Of course, you may not be in the right frame of mind to be asking important questions while you’re suffering from the pain of a real emergency. For that reason, we’ve included the answers to some of the questions we most often receive from our patients; keep reading to learn important information that could help you prepare for a severe dental issue.
WHY SHOULD I CALL AN ORAL SURGEON INSTEAD OF THE HOSPITAL?
The staff at hospitals aren’t always equipped to deal with common dental emergencies such as damaged teeth or infections; they may be able to write you a prescription, but more often than not this won’t address the root of the problem. An oral surgeon such as Dr. Ji is much more experienced when it comes to treating with this type of oral health issue and will be in a much better position to stop your pain and restore your health. That said, you should visit a hospital if your emergency involves uncontrollable bleeding, or difficulty breathing.
WHAT SHOULD I PUT IN A DENTAL EMERGENCY KIT?
You can’t always prevent dental emergencies from occurring, so it’s a good idea to have a first aid kit that already has the basic items you’ll need to respond to dental trauma. Some good examples of things to have on hand include:
- A container with a secure lid for holding loose teeth or restorations
- Pain killers for toothaches and any other kind of discomfort you might experience
- Gauze for stopping your bleeding
- Salt water to rinse your mouth in case of an infection
- Dr. Ji’s contact information so that you can schedule an emergency appointment right away
WILL INSURANCE COVER MY EMERGENCY?
Not all insurance plans offer the same type of coverage, and you often won’t know whether you’re entitled to benefits until after your mouth has been examined and the nature of your dental emergency has been narrowed down. Typically, your insurance will at least partially cover the cost of treatments meant to help your mouth function normally again; of course, the only way to know for sure is to visit Dr. Ji and have him check the damage before recommending a treatment plan. The rest of our team can help you file the necessary claims to maximize your benefits.
Dental Implants Wisdom Teeth Removal General Oral Surgery Sedation Dentistry View Our Procedures